One Act Play

Summer Cobb

On January 17th, Pleasant Grove Middle School (PGMS) students participated in the One Act Play (OAP) competition for the University Interscholastic League (UIL). This UIL competition took place at the North Lamar Middle School Theater Festival. They performed a play titled, “Squirrel Girl Goes to College; Squirrel Girl and Tippy Toe Play.”  A superhero named Doreen Green, goes to college and tries to hide her true identity from her new college friends. Little did she know that they would have an evil substitute named Modoc, which caused her to reveal her true identity, Squirrel girl, to her friends. There is also a strong romance between Tomas and Squirrel girl. 

The middle school students won a rating of “Excellent”  from the judges. Several students won awards for the great performances. Kaylynn Sharp won an award for outstanding tech. Kaden McCall and Jacob Casteel earned a medal for Honorable Mention All-Star Cast. Tate Bass and Madalee Garner were rewarded with All-Star Cast. Sensational performer, Ruby Rehkof was awarded with Best Performer. “My favorite part of the play was getting to compete and I got to leave school, so that was a plus,” Ruby Rehof stated.

The middle school students repeated their performance on January 22nd, at 4pm. A public performance of the play will be on January 26th, at 3:00 P.M. This will take place at the Pleasant Grove High School PAC center. Admission is free.